The Independent Academic Research Studies (IARS) and its 99% Campaign has recently joined the No Hate Speech Movement which aims to reduce hate speech and promote digital activism.
Campaign’s objectives are as follows:
- To raise awareness about hate speech online and its risks for democracy and for individual young people;
- To promote media and Internet literacy;
- To involve young people to stand up for human rights, online and offline;
- To mobilise, train and network online youth activists for human rights;
- To show support and solidarity to the people and groups targeted by hate speech online;
- To advocate for the development and consensus on European policy instruments combating hate speech;
- To decrease the levels of acceptance of online hate speech.
We aim to release e-tools and deliver workshops to reduce hate crime in the UK. Join us!