Do you want to gain experience in research, content writing, social media strategy or blogging? Have a spare few hours a week to build this experience? Fancy joining a network of young people seeking to make a positive change in the world? Have an opinion that needs a platform?
We are recruiting some new ambassadors for the 99% campaign, and it sounds like you could be one of them. The 99% Campaign is a youth-led initiative and digital participation programme aiming to make society more inclusive, fair and responsive to young people’s views and realities. It achieves its mission by giving a direct voice to the most marginalised young people and by dispelling negative stereotypes. Ambassadors work on a voluntary ad-hoc basis, in which their responsibilities will include:
- Developing and writing blog and magazine articles about youth issues and current affairs.
- Contributing to and leading on research projects for the Youth Voices Journal
- Assisting in the organisation and management of IARS and 99 Percent Events
- Contributing to the social media strategy of the 99 percent and the IARS International Institute
- Creating content for the website, e-mails, social media and blog.
What skills are we looking for?
- Written work is engaging, accurate and unique to the writer.
- Demonstrates the ability to write for a variety of audiences, such as the blog, the magazine and the Youth Voices Journal.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- An excellent grasp of the English language, both written and spoking, is required.
- Any education level (or no education level!)
We want your opinions, not your academic history.
- Good teamworking skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to deadlines.
- Good general organisation and project management skills.
- Networking skills.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Regular networking events, both digital and face-to-face.
- Opportunity to attend international and national conferences, attend face-to-face and e-learning courses.
- Access to a network of young professionals making a change in their communities.
Please send across a cover letter, identifying your working experience and areas of interest, and a 150-300 word blog proposal on a topic you are passionate about to email@example.com with the title ‘Ambassador Application’. Ambassadors will be recruited on a rolling basis, and interviews will be done via telephone to ensure that all young people have the chance to participate.